Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Etsy finds: "New York Love" print


Today is the BIG DAY! We're moving across the country, from New York to California. Our (former) neighborhood here in Brooklyn is called DUMBO, which stands for Down Under the Manhattan Bridge Overpass, although the Brooklyn Bridge runs over the neighborhood, too. It's a really cute neighborhood that, over the past 15 or so years, has been transforming from industrial warehouses to lofts and apartments. DUMBO has some great shops and restaurants, as well as killer views. We've loved living here- over the 4 years that I've been in DUMBO I've seen the neighborhood grow quite a bit, and it's been an exciting process to watch.

Given all that, I just couldn't resist this print from ArtSharkDesigns on Etsy. It's part of a series of "City Love" prints, featuring a couple toting red umbrellas through various cities around the world. I missed out on the previous Brooklyn print, in which the couple was actually standing under the bridge, looking across the river to Manhattan- they were right in DUMBO! This one is a close second, though- my husband and I have taken some lovely walks across the Brooklyn Bridge, although we prefer the Manhattan Bridge for jogging as there's less foot traffic. It will be a sweet reminder of our old neighborhood- I can't wait to frame and hang it. And in our new, decidedly un-New York sized apartment (1200 square feet! that's more than double our present apartment! (!)), I'll have lots of options.

No comments:

Post a Comment