Saturday, January 29, 2011

Completed: Spring Top


So, this was the view out my window on Thursday morning. Naturally, the most appropriate sewing project for a snow day is a spring top. I used this tutorial for the "Spring Ruffle Top," written by Rae of Made by Rae, but skipped the ruffles and pockets from the original. The fabric is Rambling Rose by Philip Jacobs and it's 100% cotton.


This project came out much better than the denim skirt! The cotton was much easier to work with, and the instructions were super easy to follow. This was my first time doing pleats, but they came out nicely. It is a little long, so I may end up wearing it as a cover-up more than a blouse. However, this was so easy to make, I'm thinking of doing another one, but making it shorter and adding the ruffles. The contrasting fabrics in the original are so cute, I might try that next time too!

No comments:

Post a Comment